Posted by Sherrie Wilkolaski | Art of Publishing, Author Publishing Services, Author's Boutique, Book Marketing, Facebook, Marketing Tips, Publishing Services Consultant, Sherrie Wilkolaski, Social Media |
About Karen Hodges Miller
While over 80% of Americans say they want to write a book, most never will. Karen Hodges Miller offers her 25-plus years of experience as writer, editor and publisher to entrepreneurial authors who want to realize that dream. She holds a variety of workshops and seminars each year on book writing, publishing and marketing. Karen’s experience as a freelance business reporter gives her a fresh outlook on the creative world of writers and the practical world of business owners. As founder of Open Door PublicationsSM LLC Karen has helped dozens of authors bring their own ideas to market; the company published almost two dozen books since 2006. Karen began authoring her own series of books for authors in 2010. “Finish Your Book! A Time Management Guide for Writers” is a practical and inspirational guide for the busy writer who must find time to write while juggling a business and personal life. “Sell Your Book, Think Outside the Bookstore,” to be published in April 2011, includes over 100 practical, specific tips for book marketing along with interviews with a variety of nationally-known publishing and marketing experts.
- Hello Dolly! (shelftalker)Hosting a fundraiser for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library included a lookalike costume contest and karaoke versions of Dolly songs.Leslie Hawkins
- 'Becoming' Is Becoming 2018's Biggest Adult Book By John Maher
- Photo Mania: Comic Arts Brooklyn 2018
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of November 12, 2018 By Francis Hoch
- PW Online and On-Air: Week of November 19, 2018
- All About Pat Conroy: PW Talks with Michael Mewshaw By Rona Wilk
- Book Cover Redesign: 'Dreams of the Turtle King'
- Seven Author Branding TipsHow authors can build stronger brands and sell more books.By Mark Coker
- Ask the Editor: Avoiding Clunky DialogueEditor Betty Kelly Sargent answers writing questions submitted by readers. This month, she take a look at what makes dialogue sound clunky and how to avoid it.By Betty Kelly Sargent
- How Libraries Can Help Readers Become WritersThe Cuyahoga County Public Library’s writer-in-residence program demonstrates the library’s increasingly critical role in our literary ecosystem.By Sari Feldman