Posted by Sherrie Wilkolaski | Art of Publishing, Author Publishing Services, Author's Boutique, Book Marketing, Facebook, Marketing Tips, Publishing Services Consultant, Sherrie Wilkolaski, Social Media |
About Karen Hodges Miller
While over 80% of Americans say they want to write a book, most never will. Karen Hodges Miller offers her 25-plus years of experience as writer, editor and publisher to entrepreneurial authors who want to realize that dream. She holds a variety of workshops and seminars each year on book writing, publishing and marketing. Karen’s experience as a freelance business reporter gives her a fresh outlook on the creative world of writers and the practical world of business owners. As founder of Open Door PublicationsSM LLC Karen has helped dozens of authors bring their own ideas to market; the company published almost two dozen books since 2006. Karen began authoring her own series of books for authors in 2010. “Finish Your Book! A Time Management Guide for Writers” is a practical and inspirational guide for the busy writer who must find time to write while juggling a business and personal life. “Sell Your Book, Think Outside the Bookstore,” to be published in April 2011, includes over 100 practical, specific tips for book marketing along with interviews with a variety of nationally-known publishing and marketing experts.
- ‘Fear’ Boosts Unit Sales in Mid-September
- Publishing's Problem with PlasticAn author proposes ways publishers can reduce their plastic usage.By Patricia Newman
- The New AAP Makes Its DebutAt its annual meeting last week, the association touted its shift in focus.By Jim Milliot
- Indie Scouting Report: September 2018
- Book Cover Redesign: 'Loose Ends'
- This Week's Bestsellers: September 24, 2018 By Carolyn Juris
- Ask the Editor: Lie vs. LayEditor Betty Kelly Sargent answers writing questions submitted by readers. This month, she take a look at the difference between lie and lay.By Betty Kelly Sargent
- Spotlight on MPSIn a period of continued growth, MPS has developed unique platform solutions and content services to suit publishing clients of different sizes and segments. (Sponsored)By Teri Tan
- PW Online and On-Air: Week of September 24, 2018
- Publishing in Québec 2018: New Frontiers of Crime FictionQuébec and its long, dark winters have much in common with the Scandinavian environment that has proven such a fertile ground for authors in the ever-popular Nordic noir genre. WBy Peter McCambridge