Author: Sherrie Wilkolaski
Posted by Sherrie Wilkolaski | Art of Publishing, Author Publishing Services, Author's Boutique, Book Marketing, Facebook, Marketing Tips, Publishing Services Consultant, Sherrie Wilkolaski, Social Media |
About Karen Hodges Miller
While over 80% of Americans say they want to write a book, most never will. Karen Hodges Miller offers her 25-plus years of experience as writer, editor and publisher to entrepreneurial authors who want to realize that dream. She holds a variety of workshops and seminars each year on book writing, publishing and marketing. Karen’s experience as a freelance business reporter gives her a fresh outlook on the creative world of writers and the practical world of business owners. As founder of Open Door PublicationsSM LLC Karen has helped dozens of authors bring their own ideas to market; the company published almost two dozen books since 2006. Karen began authoring her own series of books for authors in 2010. “Finish Your Book! A Time Management Guide for Writers” is a practical and inspirational guide for the busy writer who must find time to write while juggling a business and personal life. “Sell Your Book, Think Outside the Bookstore,” to be published in April 2011, includes over 100 practical, specific tips for book marketing along with interviews with a variety of nationally-known publishing and marketing experts.
- ‘Monsters,’ and ‘Monstress’ Win Big at 2018 Eisner Awards By Calvin Reid
- Tapping into Our Own Bookseller Braintrust (shelftalker)A question for fellow booksellers about knowledge-sharing best practices.Meghan Dietsche Goel
- Fall 2018 Children's Announcements: Publishers F-L
- What It's Like To Be an Indie Bookseller Who Just Published Her Debut NovelLillian Li, author of 'Number One Chinese Restaurant' and a bookseller at Ann Arbor's Literati bookstore, on indie bookstores, authors, and how important they are for each other.By Lillian Li
- Meader Up at a Changing Picador By John Maher
- Apple iBooks Category Bestsellers, July 15, 2018
- Anne for All Ages: Tundra Releases New Anne of Green Gables BooksWith four new titles inspired by 'Anne of Green Gables,' Tundra Books is bringing the irrepressible Anne to younger readers. (Sponsored)
- All Eyes on Bearden: PW Talks with Mary Schmidt Campbell By Eugene Holley Jr.
- What Authors and Editors Wish They Could Say to One AnotherLeila Sales shares 10 truths every editor knows, and 10 truths every author knows, as someone who wears both hats.By Leila Sales
- A New Direction For Jarrett J. KrosoczkaThe author-illustrator mines difficult childhood memories for his YA debut.By Sara Grochowski